Sun, Oct 15|
Emerald Bay Half Marathon
Emerald Bay Half Marathon 2023
No need for post-race shuttle bus because you finish 5 or so blocks from the Hard Rock Hotel. Park your car at the Hard Rock Hotel Casino for free parking.
Time & Location
Oct 15, 2023, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Emerald Bay Half Marathon
About the event
Maybe the most beautiful race in the world
The starting point is 2/10th mile south of Inspiration Point parking lot at the top of Emerald Bay, providing a downhill race. A bagpipers leads you from the parking lot down to the spectacular shoulderless startline. This is a 99% downhill race. It now departs at the same spot where Meg Ryan bikes down the narrow spine of the ridge overlooking Emerald Bay, Cascade Lake, and Lake Tahoe in the movie "City of Angels." This may be the most beautiful run you ever do. The finish is at Lakeside Beach below the casino's at Stateline. Finish at the Beach House at 4081 Lakeshore Blvd. in SLT.
The first 3 miles are all down hill, until you reach Taylor Creek Bridge where you will cross over the spawning fire cracker red Kokanee salmon , by the Pope and Valhalla Historical Estates, by Camp Richardson, continue on into Tahoe Keys and the city of South Lake Tahoe and run the bike paths all the way to Lakeside Beach just below the Casino corridor. A cold beer, hot dog, finishers medal, food trucks, and music await you on our beach side finish line. There are aid stations every mile to cheer and pamper you. Pick up your included travel bag and long sleeve t-shirt at the expo, only or at the finish line.
The Emerald Bay Half is also part of the 3-Day Trifecta.
You will receive:
- All finishers get a beautiful finishers medal
- All finishers get a license plate holder..
- Top 25 men and women get special Top 25 award
- All finishers get a beautiful long sleeve technical t-shirt at the expo and a maybe at the finish line, which will be great for you winter training runs.
- The first man and women will receive an overall award
- First Master's age group (40+) award will receive an award.
- Great aid stations every mile
- Medical attention and aid on the course and finish line
- Shuttle bus service to the start area
- Live Music, hot dogs and drinks at the Lakeside Beach finish line
- Ultima Replenisher for on-course and finish line drinks
See spawning Kokanee salmon under the Taylor Creek Bridge while doing the Emerald Bay Half Marathon or the LTM.
There is a 10-space camp ground right at the start line at Inspiration Point. First come first serve for about $15/night. Please do not plan on parking outside the campground or leaving your car at Inspiration Point the night before the race - it will be towed away and cited. Parking there will also interfere with the narrow start area of the Half Marathon and could prevent our buses arriving and leaving.