Fri, Oct 18|
3 different races around Lake Tahoe
The Tahoe Triple Marathon 2024 (3 x 26.2)
The 22nd Tahoe Triple Marathon (3 x 26.2) is 3 marathons for 3 consecutive days, in two states, finishing with the regular Lake Tahoe Marathon and festivities. This is a challenging multi-day run at altitude, circumnavigating the 72-mile shoreline of Lake Tahoe, plus an additional 6 mile overlap.
Time & Location
Oct 18, 2024, 6:30 AM – 12:30 PM
3 different races around Lake Tahoe, Lake Tahoe, United States
About the event
Time limit on Friday and Saturday is 6 hours. An early start for slower anticipated finishers can be arranged. The event is limited to 200 runners.
You will be transported each morning from the Beach Retreat & Spa to that day's start line, which will be near where you finished the day before. Your support team will be needed for the ride home. If you come alone without support, you will need to arrange a ride after the race for Friday & Saturday. Sunday you will end up at Lakeside Beach.
Awards & Swag
- $500 special award to first male and female open winners.
- Hardware for masters (40+) award for male & female winners
- Finishers medal and finishers shirts for each marathon
- Finishers license plate holder
- Commemorative stand up plaque for all finishers showing the 3 different marathons
- Special Triple Marathon racing singlet for all competitors
- Event T-shirt
You may up the ante by choosing the Super Tahoe Triple option, which is the first 2 marathons on Friday and Saturday, plus the 72 mile Midnight Express Ultra starting on Saturday night. Usually about 5-10 athletes do this each year.
Articles on the Tahoe Triple
- Triple Runner Ian Sharman's Blog account of the Triple
- Marathon & Beyond editorial by Rich Benyo in the Jan/Feb 2012 issue
- Marathon & Beyond article on the Triple Threat
- Marathon & Beyond article in the Sept/Oct 2009 issue regarding the Triple written by Tony Gialanella.
- 2007 slideshow of Jakob and Dan's great 3 day Tahoe Triple adventure running around Lake Tahoe.
Tips from Experienced Triple Runners
- 4-Time Triple Champ Sean Meissner, and 5-time Triple runner Jo Groner share their Triple Marathon training secrets & schedule - click here.
- Interview with Thomas Reiss - 2005 champ and 2006 runner up
- Peter Lubber's Blog on running and winning the Super Triple
- Triple Veteran Kim Budzik's story from the Houston Chronicle 2008