Sun, Oct 16|
Homewood, CA at Meadow Rd & H89
Lake Tahoe Marathon
Sunday's Marathon is the original Lake Tahoe Marathon , and is the 3rd marathon of the Triple Marathon. The Lake Tahoe Marathon starts south of Homewood, CA with an optional Early Start at 7am, or earlier, for over-6-hour finishers.
Time & Location
Oct 16, 2022, 8:00 AM
Homewood, CA at Meadow Rd & H89
About the event
Sunday's Marathon is the original Lake Tahoe Marathon , and is the 3rd marathon of the Triple Marathon. The Lake Tahoe Marathon starts south of Homewood, CA with an optional Early Start at 7am, or earlier, for over-6-hour finishers. The Early Starters are not eligible for any awards except for the finishers medal. The finish line is at Lakeside Beach, about 6 blocks from the Hard Rock Hotel Casino. If you get into town too late to go to the expo, you may pick up your shirt at the finish line and your race number at your start line race morning. Travel bags are only distributed at the expo. The back of your race bib will have the bus schedule and a lot of other important information.
Shuttle buses leave from the Hard Rock Hotel Casino which is about 5 blocks from the finish line and has free parking. See the shuttle bus schedule printed on the back of your race number for details.You will receive:
- All finishers get a beautiful finishers medal
- All finishers get a license plate holder and a travel bag at the finish line.
- All finishers get a beautiful long sleeve technical t-shirt at the finish line, which will be great for you winter training runs.
- The first man and women will receive an overall award.
- Master's awards for first man and women (40+).
- Medical attention and aid on the course and finish line
- Shuttle bus service to the start area
- Live Music, hot dogs and drinks at the Lakeside Beach finish line
- Ultima Replenisher for on-course and finish line drinks
- The start line is on H89 at Meadow Road just south of Homewood, CA. You wiil be bused to the Startline and run back to the SLT finish line at Lakeside Beach.
- Run through the village of Tahoma (mile 2)
- Small hill between mile 2-3 and then down to lake level again at Meeks Bay (mile 4)
- Wooded areas with lake views (miles 5-8)
- Rubicon Bay (mile 8)
- Enjoy a very scenic 2 miles downhill before beginning the "Hill from Hell" (mile 8). From there you will climb up about 520'. Bagpipes will urge you on to the top (mile 9.5)
- First look at Emerald Bay (mile 11)
- Pass Eagle Falls Trail Head where you will be looking into the Desolation Wilderness (mile 11.5)
- At mile12, head back up hill (200' gain) about 9/10th of a mile to Inspiration Point, which is the start line of the Emerald Bay Half Marathon.
- From here to the finish is all downhill or flat
- Pass over Taylor Creek Bridge and watch the spawning fire cracker red Kokanee salmon (mile 18)
- At 15th Street, you will turn into Tahoe Keys (mile 19), running on bike trails and back streets until you eventually finish at Lakeside Beach below the casino's at Stateline.
- As you cross the finish line, you will be greeted with a smile, a finishers medal and a bottle of water. Medical attention will be available if needed and your warm up bag will be nearby.
- You may want to grab a cold beer before wading into the cold blue waters of Lake Tahoe to sooth your tired feet before heading over to get a hot dog and goodies.
- Bring your camera, and prepare to be impressed by the sheer beauty of the course. There is little chance of a PR because this course will be all you can handle, so enjoy the day, the beauty, and nice people you will be running with. You may not have a fast time, but you will have a great time at the Lake Tahoe Marathon.
- NOTE THAT OUR MAPS AND COURSE SIGNS SHOW "MILES TO GO"